This is the sixth design in the Celtic Cable Shawls collection.
This circular lace-weight shawl features a huge Celtic knot comprised of just one strand, which loops around infinitely.
The shawl is knitted from the centre-out and is finished with a simple lace edging that can be blocked out into points.
The sample shown was worked in lace-weight yarn; for a bigger shawl, a heavier yarn such as fingering weight could be used (note that extra yardage may be required).
The pattern is both fully charted and fully written-out.
Diameter: 44”/(112 cm)
• 3.25 mm/US size 3 needles (or size needed to obtain gauge; medium and long length circulars recommended)
• 3.25 mm/US size 3 DPNs (or needles for preferred method of working small diameters in the round)
• 1300 yds/(1189 m) of lace-weight yarn (shown in Old Maiden Aunt merino silk lace-weight, ‘Moody’ [80% merino, 20% silk, 1300 yds/(1189 m) per 100 g])
• 1 stitch marker (or 12 to track all repeats)
• Cable needle
• Darning needle
• Pins/wires for blocking
Intermediate to advanced. Skills required include:
• Working outwards from a small diameter in the round
• Complex closed-loop cables (tutorial link in pattern)
• Patterning on almost all rnds
• Basic lace