Mera, Revisited is a versatile raglan shrug in which the garment and sleeve borders feature a reversible cable pattern, allowing you to wear the shrug in many different ways. The collar can be worn flat or folded back, and the sleeve cuffs can be worn down for a three-quarter sleeve, or turned up for a half-sleeve.
I originally designed Mera for Bijou Basin Ranch. Requests were made for a pattern that would accommodate worsted weight yarns. Mera, Revisited includes a wider upper sleeve to and looser fit to accommodate using a heavier yarn, yarn substitution information and instructions on flipping the cable design. Shrug is worked top down and sleeves worked in the round. After the body, sleeves and sleeve cuffs are completed, stitches are picked up to work the reversible cable border.
Shrug is worked top down and sleeves worked in the round. After the body, sleeves and sleeve cuffs are completed, stitches are picked up to work the reversible cable border.
Please note that Mera, Revisited does not have the same fit as Mera, which was intended for a tighter fit with little-to-no ease using a pretty fantastic yarn for which I have not found a comparable substitute in terms of gauge, texture and yarn’s inherent properties to recommend to knitters. Mera is only available for purchase through Bijou Basin Ranch. Mera, Revisited is a separate reworked pattern, not an errata to Mera.
Green Shrug: Sample is in "Mera, Revisited," worked in size L using SWTC Karaoke (50% wool, 50% soy silk, 1.76oz/109yds); Color: #289
Brown shrug: Sample is in "Mera," worked in size S using Bijou Basin Ranch Bijou Bliss (50% yak, 50% cormo, 2oz/150yds); Color: Natural Brown.
- XS (S, M, L, XL, 2X, 3X)
- Finished Bust Size: 33.75 (36, 40.25, 43.75, 48, 52, 53.75)”/ 85.5 (91.5, 102, 111, 122, 132, 136.5)cm, to be worn with a 0-2”/ 0-5cm ease.
- Approximately 708 (733, 793, 852, 908, 977, 1029) yds/ 647.5 (670.5, 725, 779, 830.5, 893.5, 941)m in a worsted weight wool blend yarn (for Bijou Basin Ranch Bijou Bliss: 4 (4, 4, 4, 5, 5, 5) skeins for all sizes; please see “Notes” on page 3)
- US 6/ 4mm 32”/80cm or longer circular needles, or size to obtain gauge
- US 6/ 4mm 24”/60cm or longer circular needles, or double-pointed needles to work sleeves in the round.
- Cable needles (2)
- Other notions: Darning needle, Waste yarn, Stitch markers
- 17.5 sts and 26 rows = 4”/ 10cm in St st.
- Basic shaping, 2-cross cables, Working in the round
Additional Pattern Details:
Detailed knitting instructions in a professionally designed layout
Instructions include both US standard and Metric measurements
7 sizes total
Easy-to-read font, instructions, charts and diagrams
File size: 1.1 MB
6 pages, full color with active links