Merlin the Gargoyle
Merlin the Gargoyle lives on the rooftops. He’s an avid bird watcher and has made friends with many of the local pigeons. His favourite day is Sunday, when his dad makes him rock cakes and he spends the night in the belfry listening to the bats tell ghost stories.
Merlin is a good cuddle size, he measures approximately 7-8 inches sitting in a DK weight yarn. However, he can be made from any weight yarn and appropriate hook for different sizes. This is not a pattern for beginners, but it is an easy pattern to follow with plenty of photos, and if you run in to any problems you will always be welcome to contact me for any extra help.
This pattern is available in US and UK Terminology and you will receive a download link to both files.
This is an Intermediate skilled pattern as stitches required include:
• Slip Stitch
• Chain Stitch
• Double Crochet (UK) Single Crochet (US)
• Half Treble Crochet (UK) Half Double Crochet (US)
• Treble Crochet (UK) Double Crochet (US)
• Treble Cluster (UK) Double Cluster (US) This stitch is explained in the pattern
• 100g of DK weight yarn in Main Colour (I used Light Grey)
• 25g of DK weight yarn in Contrast Colour (I used Burgundy)
• 3.5mm (E) crochet hook
• Small amount of black and white yarn for the crochet eyes or
• 2 x safety eyes (I used 20mm)
• Toy filling
• Yarn needle
• Stitch markers