An elegant cardigan just right for a mermaid. Gentle waist shaping follows your curves, and Fishtail Lace sleeves pique the knitter’s interest. By eliminating sleeve increases, the lace is not too difficult and the sleeves blouse out from an i-cord cast-on. To keep the lines clean and the hems from rolling, the entire cardigan is edged in i-cord. Lace instructions are provided in written and chart form.
What you’ll love about knitting Mermaid’s Cardigan:
- Stockinette body gives you some lovely, “mindless” knitting, while…
- The sleeves are filled with knitterly excitement - i-cord and lace!
- Integrated i-cord is used to great effect to not only smoothly finish your sweater, but to create your cardigan’s buttonholes.
What you’ll love about wearing Mermaid’s Cardigan:
- Perfectly placed princess-seam waist shaping flatters your figure
- Lace sleeves give you a bit of ventilation - this is a great transitional cardigan
- The little puff of sleeve at the cuff - very subtle but very fun
Women’s XS S, M, L, 1X, 2X, 3Xn size M with no ease)
Chest: 30 34, 38, 42, 46, 50, 54 inches
- Madeline Tosh tosh dk 100% Superwash Merino Wool 225 yards/206 meters per 50 gram skein; color: Baltic; 4 5, 5, 6, 6, 7, 8
- One US6/4.0mm 29-inch circular needle (NDLs)
- Set of five US6/4.0mm double-pointed needles (DPNs)
- Coil-less safety pins/removable stitch markers
- Waste yarn or stitch holders
- Tapestry needle
- Eight 5/8-inch buttons
20 stitches x 28 rows = 4 inches square in Stockinette St.
- casting on
- binding off
- working i-cord
- following written or charted instructions for Fishtail Lace pattern (both included)
Technical Editing: Ruth Garcia-Alcantud
Test Knitting: 3catos, elizek
Photography: Nicholas Dames
Everything you need to create your own beautiful Mermaid’s Cardigan is provided in the professionally designed (by me!) pattern. Both written and charted versions of the Fishtail Lace stitch pattern are included.