Messy Bun Ponytail Hat
This pattern is worked in rows for the band and then worked in rounds from the bottom to the top. The hole at the top holds an elastic band to keep the hole reasonably small while still providing an easy way to pull the hair through.
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
- crochet hook (US N) 9.00 mm
- 80 yards of super bulky yarn (I used Lion Brand Hometown USA)
- elastic band
- tapestry needle
- sewing scissors
- slip stitch (SLST) * chain (CH) * single crochet (SC)
- half double crochet (HDC) * double crochet (DC)
- half-double crochet two together (HDC2TOG)
Gauge: 3 HDC rows x 4 HDC sts = 2” s q.
Size: Pattern fits women’s size 20” – 22” head. Hook up or down one size to increase or decrease the size of the hat.