Both pieces are worked in the round using a simple lace panel and garter stitch. Working the lace weight yarn in garter stitch allows for lightweight knits that still provide warmth. These knits are great, easy to pack, easy to knit carry along pieces.
The hat and cowl are only available as a set, but they are priced at a single pattern price:)
Sizes: Cowl: Approx 42” circumference by 8 ¼” high. Hat: To fit Adult Woman
Laceweight by rhinofluff (100% merino wool; 100g skein = approx 880 yards)
• 1 hank color Serious (makes both cowl and hat)
• Approx 440 yards for Cowl and 280 yards for Hat.
• One 29” circular (circ) size US 5 (3.75 mm).
• One 16” circ size US 3 (3.25 mm).
• One set double pointed needles (dpns) size US 3 (3.25 mm).
Or sizes to obtain gauge.
• Stitch markers
Gauge: 22 sts and 46 rows= 4” in Garter Stitch (Gtr St) with larger needle.
26 sts and 54 rows = 4” in Gtr St with smaller needle.
Take time to save time, check your gauge.