MKAL Sweet Six Wrap
Set up as a MKAL, feel free to surprise yourself or scroll through projects to find more finished wraps pics
Are you ready for a little fun? Something special for yourself after all the gift knitting perhaps?
Designed to utilize simple stitches for beginners with details to keep more advanced knitters interested. This rectangular wrap is worked flat from corner to corner in a combination of stitches with the added interest of stripes and working on the bias.
Stop by the thread in the DenKnits group and see chat about yarn choices, questions that might come up as you knit along. This was originally released as a MKAL and this thread was a support thread for those KALing.
- Size 6 US 24in or 4 mm 60cm circular needle
- One stitch marker (if desired, to mark front of work)
- (Color A)One set of 5 fingering weight mini hanks, approximately 85yds per hank/425yds total (minimum)
- (Color B)One full skein sock yarn, approximately 400yd
- Yarn/tapestry needle to weave in ends
Gauge unblocked, laid flat but not stretched
11 sts / 14 rows = 2 inches in mesh stitch
9 sts / 11 rows = 2 inches in garter stitch
- Color A can be any combination of fingering weight scraps or mini skeins. Each section of the pattern calling for color A needs to be at least 85yds or 21g
- One could also knit this with just two full skeins of sock yarn, one being color A and the other color B
- Gauge is not critical for the overall outcome of the wrap. It is critical if you are using the minimum required amount of yarn for color A. If you do not keep to gauge you may run out of yarn.