This shawl design is knit bottom up and ends with my own design, named Leedra’s Edge and Bind Off. If you have never knit one of my shawl patterns using this bind off you are in for a treat.
Beads are optional and the pattern is written so that it can easily be knit without using beads. There are two distinct areas with beads so if you want to knit with less beads you can decide whether you want beads around the bottom, or at the front sides of the shawl.
This pattern was originally released as a MKAL. All of the clues have now been released. At this time the pattern can be printed as one complete pattern or if you choose, you may still print each individual clue.
Please tag your projects with heirloomgoods and heirloomgoodsmkal and come join us at Heirloom Goods for all the fun and discussions of this MKAL. Each clue has chat and spoiler threads.
Have you had enough of the heat of summer? Come join us as we walk the mountain trails and anticipate the cooling breezes. Do you find mysteries along the trails? I have a knitting mystery for you. I am sure you will love your creation at the end.
• 1000 – 1050 yards of fingering weight yarn
(Variegated or highly tonal yarns will lose some pattern definition.)
Beads / Optional:
• (725) 6/0 beads - if using in the full shawl as designed
• (637) 6/0 beads - if just using at the bottom (clues 1, 2, and 3)
• (88) 6/0 beads - if just using at the top (clues 4 and 5)
• US 6 (4.0mm) circular minimum length 16” (40cm) – bind off
• US 7 (4.5mm) circular minimum length 32” (80cm) – body of shawl
• US 8 (5.0mm) circular minimum length 32” (80cm) – cast on
• (2) Unique “A” Stitch Markers
• (13) “B” Stitch Markers
• (2) Unique “C” Stitch Markers
• Darning needle
• 2 inches = 10 stitches and 14 rows
Producing the desired fabric is more important than obtaining
an exact gauge. Adjust yardage accordingly.
• Basic stitches
• Kitchener graft ending of a few stitches
• Adding Beads as you knit
• Lace stitches used - yo, k2tog, k3tog, ssk, sk2po
Additional Pattern Details:
• Detailed knitting instructions in a professionally designed layout
• Includes written instructions
• Tested and edited
Important MKAL Release Dates:
Clue One - September 1, 2015
Clue Two - September 8, 2015
Clue Three - September 15, 2015
Clue Four - September 22, 2015
Clue Five - September 29, 2015