To purchase this pattern, please contact the designer here: http://www.ravelry.com/designers/megan-grewal
Mrs. Hicks is worked from the top down, seamlessly & flat, in a technique called “two ended knitting” or “double sliding garter”. It creates a reversible fabric with a subtle stripe. The entire garment, aside from the bands is knit! No purling at all.
This cardigan features an overlapping, wrap style front that can be left open to drape or closed up with a belt. The A-line shape offers a comfortable fit with minimal ease & is easily customizable for length. Two lengths are included: short (top of hip length) and long (tunic length) as well as ¾ length sleeves, which can be easily lengthened. Due to the double sliding garter, Mrs.Hicks is a fairly stretchy garment that is very comfortable and versatile.
A contrasting solid can be used to work the 2x2 rib along the cuffs, front edges and hems.
• Three Irish Girls; Kells Sport; “Mediterranean” (MC):
Long Version: 960(1020, 1090, 1160, 1240, 1320, 1420) yards
Short Version: 660(720, 800, 870, 950, 1030, 1130) yards
• Three Irish Girls; Kells Sport; “White Rabbit” (CC):
Long Version: 700(760, 830, 900, 975, 1040, 1140) yards
Short Version: 420(480, 550, 620, 700, 780, 880) yards
• US 5 (3.75mm) circular needles OR size needed to obtain gauge; 24-32” (60-80cm) in length
• US 3 (3.25mm) circular needles OR 2 sizes smaller than those required to obtain gauge; 24-32” (60-80cm) in length
• 2 extra circular needles, US 5 (3.75mm); 16” (50cm) or larger in length to hold front overlap stitches. A smaller size can also be used.
• Safety pin
• 8 stitch markers
• Waste yarn
• Tapestry needle