Mysteriosa was the first ever knitalong from Åsa Tricosa! (ended June 28, 2014)
You can find colour inspiration and admire all the finished MKAL shawls here.
Alhtough no longer a mystery, Mysteriosa can still be described as what it is not.
- not a triangular shawl
- nor knitted sideways
- neither is it a lace shawl, although there are holes
- There is no stranded colourwork but contrasting colour accents appear.
- You will also find that it is not small and not plain. Rather it is generous, textured, and inviting…
Written & Charted (& Tested & Tech Edited)
The pattern is fully written. In addition, there are charts for for the main stitch pattern, and these too are written out.
For your knitting pleasure, the pattern has been test knitted & professionally tech edited.
Note: There are a lot (many!) twisted stitches (also ptbl and ptogtbl). These can be hard on hands and wrists and your patience. I myself find them not too taxing and worth the effort, but here are some links to make twisting and other knitting easier.
Any 4ply (or sportweight) yarn
2 skeins of Main Colour + 1/2 skein of Contrast Colour
approx yardage: 700 m + 175 m
Tip: If using Wollmeise, you can make a shawl with only 1 skein each of MC & CC if you work the first stocking stitch section with CC.
A word on colours
- Most combinations will work, but you’ll need some contrast
- Main & Contrast: Light with dark or dark with light will work equally well
- Variegated: fine for the contrast colour but not so good for the main colour
Sportweight and Faery Wings: 4 mm circular & 4 mm double-pointed needles
4ply: 3.5 mm circular & 3.5 mm double-pointed needles
4ply: 24 sts x 32 rows on 3.5 mm needle
Faery Wings/sportweight: 19 sts x 25 rows
3 stitch markers
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.