THIS PATTERN HAS NOT BEEN TECH EDITED. If you find an error, please email me so I can fix it. Thank you!
A top-down raglan with an offset button placket, to make dressing babies easier and make knitting for your (or another’s) little one more interesting. A little (optional) applique adds to the cuteness factor.
The story behind this little sweater? I designed and wrote a pattern for a friend (Ewe), who needed something special for a baby shower. Not-so-unfortunately, I made a mistake in the design - resulting in a different fit. The night before the baby shower two friends and I tag-teamed the sweater, finishing just before it was due to be given. The octopus was put on there because the baby’s mother wanted aquatic themed baby clothes.
The whole thing turned out so cute, I decided not to scrap the pattern.
- 9/9/07, Formating change & clarification of raglan increases.
- 9/12/07, Schematic added.
- 10/31/07, Sizing errors fixed and clarified.
- 11/9/07, Collar instructions simplified.
- 2/27/08, Needle size corrected.
- 3/10/08, General fixing-up.
- 7/28/08, hopefully the final edit - the collar decreases fixed.
- 10/29/08, alas another edit - corrected the collar for the smallest and largest sizes.
- 02/01/09, sleeve decreases corrected.
- 01/28/10, collar Row 2 corrected.