Olivia, the ballerina doll
Meet Olivia! She’s an adorable ballerina who’s super-cuddly (18 inches tall!)… and she’ll make the perfect friend for your own (aspiring) ballerina!
FreshStitches dolls have been in the works for a while… the perfect doll needed to be adorable, but still easy to crochet. Well, you’re looking at her!
Olivia’s clothes are crocheted on. This means there’s a minimum of sewing and there are no pieces to get lost in play! She’s suitable for your littlest one, but feel free to use craft eyes (instead of the felt eyes, shown) for children over 3.
To complete your own ballerina, you’ll need:
- 395 yards of worsted weight yarn (shown in Spud and Chloe Sweater): Tan (165 yds), Pink (135 yds), Brown (55 yds) and White (40 yds).
- A size H (5.0mm) crochet hook (or size required for a nice-looking fabric)
- A tapestry needle
- 2x2 inch pieces of felt in: pink, white, blue and black
- Sewing needle and thread, to match felt
- Polyester stuffing
Can you single crochet? Then you can make this sweetie! Skills required:
- single crochet
- crocheting on the other side of the foundation chain (video linked)
As always, this pattern is a pdf that includes progress photos… so you won’t get lost!