This elegant crescent shawl is knit side to side and incorporates an easy lace edging featuring the subtle sparkle of beads. Instructions are included for how to customize the shawl to accommodate your yarn if you have more or less than the pattern specifies. The lace edging is both charted and written.
To knit this pattern, you need to know how to:
- knit and purl (working flat),
- do basic lace stitches (yo, k2tog, ssk, CDD) working from a chart or written directions,
- place beads on a stitch (using a crochet hook or your preferred method), and
- slip stitches.
- yarn needle to weave in ends
- approximately 60 size 8/0 or 6/0 beads (optional; be sure to have extras in case you find some defective beads)
- crochet hook (in a size appropriate to your bead size) or other preferred tool to place beads