Origami Top Hat
Origami Top Hat is a modern take on a simple knit hat! Knit in the round from the rim up, this easy knit is capped off with a little bit of shaping and finally a fun bit of origami, giving this hat its stunning finishing touch! Pick out a wonderful luxe yarn and knit one up for yourself; and I bet you end up knitting one for everyone in your family! I did…
To fit average woman’s (average man’s) head
Circumference (unstretched): 18 ½ (20)”/47 (51)cm
Knit in the round from the rim up.
- 2 skeins woolfolk FÅR (100% Ultimate Merino® wool; 142 yds/130m per 50g skein) or
- 1 skein woolfok TOV (100% Ultimate Merino® wool; 173 yds/158m per 50g skein) or
- 2 skeins Shibui Drift (85% Extra Fine Merino, 15% Cashmere; 110 yds/101m per 50 g skein) or
- Approx 175 yds/200m worsted weight yarn
NEEDLES and NOTIONS
- Sizes 6 US/4mm and 7 US/4.5mm 16” circular needles and size 7 US/4.5mm double-pointed needles or size needed to obtain gauge
- St markers in 2 colors
- Tapestry needle
19 sts and 26 rnds = 4”/10cm in St st using larger needle (blocked).