SKILL LEVEL: Intermediate
SIZES & MATERIALS:
To Fit Bust Size: 28”, 32”, 36”, 40”, 44”, 48”, 52”, 56”, 60”
Finished Bust: 30.25”, 34.5”, 38”, 42.25”, 46.5”, 50.25”, 54.5”, 58.75”, 62.25”
Yarn (in skeins): 6, 7, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 12, 13
Featured Yarn: Kenzie by HiKoo, 50% New Zealand Merino, 25% Nylon, 10% Angora, 10% Alpaca, 5% Silk Noils; 160 yds / 50g skein. Shown in #1000 (Pavlova).
4 mm (approx US 6) straight or circular needle (for knitting flat)
4 mm (approx US 6) DPNs (for I-cord bind off) or circular needle (for sleeves in the round)
Additional Notions: tapestry needle; 12, 12, 12, (16, 16, 16) (20, 20, 20) stitch markers; and stitch holders or waste yarn
All yarn and needles distributed by skacel collection, Inc.
22.5 sts / 33 rows over 4” in Stockinette Stitch (blocked)
23 sts / 32 rows over 4” in Miniature Smocking Stitch (blocked)
To save time, check your gauge and read all instructions thoroughly before beginning.
1) Because of the number of sizes available in this pattern, take the time to highlight your selected size throughout the entire pattern.
This will make following the pattern much easier.
2) As with all raglan yokes, row gauge is important in this pattern.
3) The Backwards Loop Cast On is recommended for all cast ons in this pattern because it allows stitches to be picked up more easily for the I-Cord Edging bind offs.
4) I-Cord Edging bind offs leave a column of two stitches running perpendicular to the main body of the work. When picking up stitches after the I-Cord Edging bind offs, work with the wrong side facing and pick up and purl (PUP) into the outermost leg of the outermost stitch of that column. There is one row of stitches for every stitch bound off, so therefore one leg of a stitch to pick
up for every stitch bound off.
5) Live stitches for Body and Right and Left Edging are not bound off until all are worked, at which point an I-Cord bind off is worked around the whole garment, binding off these stitches, as well as properly finishing the Stockinette selvedges created at the bottom and top of each edging and the cast on at the neckline.