Pepper the Penguin
This adorable penguin is a collaborative project with Abby Glassenberg: and the result is a fabulous penguin… and a pattern in both crochet and sewing!
This cutie penguin comes with a pattern for a sweet little hat and scarf! He won’t be chilly!
To complete the crochet version of Pepper, you’ll need:
- 3 colors of yarn (Ella Rae Classic used in the sample: Black (75 yards), White (50 yards) and Orange (40 yards)
- Size H (5.0mm) crochet hook
- Tapestry needle
- Polyester stuffing
- Cardboard for wrapping the pompom
If you’d like to make his adorable felt eyes, you’ll need:
- Scraps of wool-blend felt in white and black
- Coordinating thread
- Embroidery floss in white for the highlights on the eyes, 12 inches … otherwise, 12mm black eyes will be adorable!
For the scarf and hat combo, I used:
* 2 colors of yarn: Orange (30 yards) and Aqua (30 yards)
As always, this pdf contains step-by-step photos, so you won’t get lost!
As for crochet techniques, you’ll need to be able to:
- single crochet
- change colors
- work in the round
This pattern contains both the crochet and sewing pattern. Can you picture a crocheted penguin with a sewn hat and scarf? Be fun… mix it up!