Petit Prince and Little Star
(No end date - Permanent) £1.00 out of every purchase of this pattern will be donated to SANDS (Stillbirth and Neonatal Death Society), a charity which provides support for bereaved families after the loss of their baby. (see donation updates below)
Knitting to remember…
Inspired by the waves created by the moving crests of the dunes in the desert, fading into a starry sky… Looking at the stars, up above the world so high, and remembering little words and things from multiple readings of The Little Prince, written 70 years ago by Antoine de Saint-Exupery.
Reading the book, once again, for my Little Star.
Message aux francophones: Si l’anglais n’est pas votre premiere langue, mais que vous souhaitez vous lancer et tricoter un de mes designs, n’hesitez pas ! Je peux vous aider a traduire des passages qui vous poseraient probleme, et, si il y a une demande suffisante, me lancer dans la traduction complete de mes modeles.
Fraternal Socks, calf-shaped, with a heel detail
- These socks have been designed to be custom fit for the comfort of the wearer. Choose between three base sizes: Small (S) (approx. 20 cm / 8 in), Medium (M) (approx. 22.5 cm / 9 in) or Large (L) (approx. 25 cm / 10 in).
- Depending on the base size, up to two lengths for the leg are also available (“Standard” Leg (SL) (17 cm / 6 3/4 in), available for Small base size, and Medium base size; or “Longer” Leg (LL) (19 cm / 7 1/2 in), available for Medium base size, and Large base size).
- Additional calf-shaping accommodates for different shapes of legs.
- Three choices of heel aim at achieving a proper fit for normal, high and very high insteps, while cables on the foot hug the foot comfortably.
- Length of foot is customizable.
Needles / Gauge:
- 40 sts / 10 cm (4 in) measured over stranded pattern (using 2.50 mm / US 1.5, or size required to meet gauge)
- 36 sts / 10 cm (4 in) measured over stocking stitch (using 2.25 mm / US 1, or size required to meet gauge)
Model pictured has been knitted using The Natural Dye Studio Dazzle HT:
- in Shade Paracombe (purple) -- 1 x 100 g (A)
- in Shade Lynmouth (gold) -- 1 x 100g (B)
- Crochet hook and scrap yarn for provisional cast-on
- Cable needle
16-Page Pattern includes:
Detailed charts for all colourwork and cabled sections. Extensive written directions. Photos and close-ups.
May 2015 update: Thanks to those who kindly purchased Petit Prince and Little Star socks, or Remember the Daffodils mitts (or the associated eBook), £27.00 have been donated to Aberdeen SANDS, to help create and maintain the Baby Memorial Garden at Hazlehead Cemetery (Aberdeen, Scotland).
April 2014 update: 49 people have kindly purchased Petit Prince and Little Star socks. As a result, £50.00 have been donated to Aberdeen SANDS, to help create and maintain the Baby Memorial Garden at Hazlehead Cemetery (Aberdeen, Scotland).