Interweave SKU: EP0933
Pattern description from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006:
Layers of intricate cable textures weave in and out on the surface of Shirley Paden’s swingy cardigan. Shirley adds roll-up cuffs and a wide lapel collar worked in a twist-stitch rib for styling details. A single buttons provides a dramatic closure.
Finished Size: 40 (50)” bust circumference, buttoned
Yarn: Classic Elite Charmed (85% cashmere, 15% mohair; 130 yd [119 m]/50 g): #76723 heathered grey, 14 (17) balls.
Needles: Sizes 9 (5.5 mm), 8 (5 mm), 7 (4.5 mm), and 6 (4 mm). Adjust needle sizes if necessary to obtain the correct gauges.
Notions: Stitch holders; size E/4 (3.5 mm) crochet hook, one 1” button; one 1/2” backing button; markers (m); tapestry needle.
- 32 sts and 36 rows = 6” on size 8 needles in twisted rib patt.
- One repeat of chart pattern (32 sts and 44 rows) = 5.5” wide and 7” long on size 9 needles, 5” wide and 6.75” long on size 8 needles, 4.75” wide and 6.5” long on size 7 needles and 4.5” wide and 6.25” long on size 6 needles.
Originally Published: Interweave Knits, Winter 2006
Notes from Interweave Knits, Winter 2006:
- “Knit the first and last stitch of every row of body and sleeves for selvedge stitches; these selvedge stitches are not shown on the chart.”
- “The body and sleeves contain and exact number of rows, with no allowance for length adjustments, in order to ensure that the pattern meets correctly at the sleeve seams.”
- “The body and sleeves are shaped by changing needle size instead of altering the stitch counts with increases or decreases. Pay close attention to where the needle changes occur, and make sure to change both needles.”