Pfeiffer Falls Hooded Scarf
When was designing Pfeiffer Falls, I thought of my mother and what she would have wanted in a scarf to keep her warm when she was ill. The result was a classic, yet modern-looking multi-functional scarf that I know that my mother would have loved.
Pfeiffer Falls features 2 large buttoned pockets, a rounded hood and chunky cable that is carried throughout the length of the scarf and the edges of the hood. The rounded shape of the hood is worked with short rows. Pattern also includes instructions for adding optional ruffles, which flank the ends of the scarf and along the rim of the hood. Sizes offered: Petite, Average, Tall”
The PDF pattern is available directly from the [Designer] or via the [Interweave Store]. There's a slight difference between the two pattern versions. The last photo shows the layout for the Designer's version.
Samples shown worked in size average. Rust-colored one uses Mission Falls 1824 Wool (100% merino superwash; 85 yds/ 50 g), color: russet; 13 balls. The fuschia one is worked with optional ruffles, using Zitron Loft (100% merino, 109 yds/ 50 g), color: 1222-fuschia; 10 balls
SIZES/ FINISHED MEASUREMENTS
Petite (Average, Tall)
Scarf: 6”/ 15 cm wide and 62 (68, 74)”/ 1.6 (1.7, 1.9) m long, plus about 1.25”/ 3 cm with optional
ruffles; Hood: 16 (16, 17)”/ 40.5 40.5, 43) cm tall
- Approximately 925 (1040, 1060) yds/ 846 (951, 969) m worsted weight wool yarn, plus 230 yds/ 210.5 m for optional ruffles
- US 8/ 5 mm 24”/ 60 cm or longer circular needle, or size needed to obtain gauge
- 1 spare circular needle
- Cable needle
- Two 1.25”/ 3 cm buttons
- Stitch holders or waste yarn
- Darning needle
16 sts and 24 rows = 4”/ 10 cm in St. st
SKILLS/ TECHNIQUES USED
Basic shaping, Cables, Grafting in pattern (optional), Short-row shaping, One-row buttonhole
OTHER PATTERN DETAILS ^
- Detailed knitting instructions in a professionally designed layout
- Instructions include both US standard and Metric measurements
- Helpful chart to help with grafting in pattern for an invisible professional finish
- Easy-to-read font, instructions, charts and diagrams
- Charted pattern & written instructions to chart
- Professionally tested and edited
- Enabled for notes on iPad, tablets and e-readers.
- 6 pages
^ These details only refer to the AKL version of the pattern.