The internet was lacking in a pattern for a Phrygian cap so I decided to write one just in time for Saturnalia.
It’s a pretty simple pattern, the only skills needed are knitting in the round, k2tog, and ssk.
In theory it’s a simple knitted cap with a clever (I think) spacing of decreases to get the back to fold up correctly.
I used less than 50g of my skein but my label is exceptionally unhelpful and doesn’t give me yardage so I’m sorry I can’t be more specific. If anyone knits this and can give me a better estimate I would be eternally grateful if you could let me know and I can edit the pattern accordingly.
This was part of a 3 day marathon of trying to create one that involved 2 existing patterns that I scrapped completely and scale models while I was trying to work out the decrease so please let me know if you spot any errors.