Summertime is great for picnics in the sunshine, and this clutch purse will be a perfect accessory! It’s just large enough to hold all of your essentials, and strong interfacing, a sewn zipper and lining make it sturdy and secure. You also get the pattern for the flowers and leaves, which you can use to decorate almost anything!
Skill Level: Intermediate (some sewing required)
Finished Size: Purse measures 11 ½” long and 7 ½” wide (excluding handle).
• Approx 200 yards of worsted weight yarn, CYCA weight category 4. Yarn shown is Cascade Yarns “Cascade 220 Heathers” in #2437 flax. You could easily substitute Red Heart Super Saver, Lion Brand Cotton Ease, Paton’s Classic Wool and many others.
• You’ll also need a small amount of similar weight (CYCA 3 or 4) yarns in contrasting color for the flowers and leaves (I used a mix of sizes and textures. The gauge is not critical for flowers: a smaller yarn (with appropriately sized hook) will produce a smaller flower, a larger yarn will make a large flower. Use up some of your stash!
• Size F (3.75 mm) crochet hook or size to obtain gauge
• T-pins, spray bottle and blocking board
• 1 fat quarter of cotton fabric (for lining- see interfacing note)
• Straight pins
• 1/3 yard medium or heavyweight fusible interfacing, or use upholstery fabric to line the purse instead (optional)
• 12” zipper
• Hand sewing needle and thread, and sewing machine (optional)
The pdf pattern is 8 pages long and includes 7 full color instructional photos to assist you in assembling the purse.