- resembling a precipice; extremely steep
I adore flared cuffs. I love to design them, love to knit them, and love to wear them. They are pretty much the perfect piece of knitting in my book (fast, adorable, practical, and a fabulous way to use up bits of leftover yarn).
These particular cuffs delight me to no end. They work up fast (each one took me an evening), use surprisingly little yarn (about 100 yards for the pair), and keep my hands cozy (and my fingers free for knitting or typing). And I’m sure I’m biased, but I think they’re awfully cute, too!
I suspect you need a pair for yourself. And I bet once you see how easy they are (and how much fun), you might just find yourself knitting a pair or two for someone else. They’re quick, and the fit is flexible, so they make great gift knitting. I think you’ll have a grand time with them!
These are perfect for you if:
- Your hands are cold but you need your fingers free
- You’ve got some sock yarn leftovers just dying to turn into something special
- You need a quick project
They’re not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)