- to rise and fall or toss about in or with waves
This pattern is free for subscribers to my mailing list
If you’d like a copy, just sign up for the list here. Shortly after you’ve confirmed your subscription, you’ll get an email with instructions and a code to let you download the pattern!
You know those magic patterns? The ones that are easy (and fun!) to knit but look unreasonably impressive? The ones you can whip out in a weekend? The ones that use up those gorgeous single skeins of special yarn you couldn’t resist but didn’t have a plan for? The ones that suit (and fit!) most everyone and so make perfect gifts? Yeah, this is one of those patterns!
It uses lovely big cables to create a beautiful fabric. There is some clever shaping hidden away in the cables to make the cowl taper at the top (it’s a fun technique to learn, and I promise it isn’t hard). It’s written for three sizes (132,144, & 156 stitch cast on) and three gauges (3.5, 4, and 4.5 stitches per inch) so you can use lots of different yarns and make a wide range of sizes.
It’s pretty much perfect. I suspect you’ll end up making more than one!
This is perfect for you if:
- Your have a beautiful skein of soft, worsted weight yarn hanging out in your stash looking for the perfect project
- You want to whip out a cowl in a weekend
- You’re as helpless to resist cables as I am
It’s not for you if:
- You don’t like charts (the pattern uses charts)
- You hate swatching (you need to swatch to check your needle size)