Rainbow Poem, Wild.
How to knit this:
- Choose 7 crazy yarns (mix bulky, eye lash, boucle, self striping, worsted, hairy, fairy and everything else you’ve got), very different to each other (between bulky to worsted, approx. 60y/55m each)).
- Start immediately to knit with ALL the yarns at the same time.
- Get tangled for 14 rows (only 14 sts so it goes fast).
- Look at what you made - you may want to redo the order of the yarns.
- The rest is just knitting along, following the chart /written instructions. (knitted sideways)
gauge: approx. 8stsx12rows , depending on the yarn.
size: majority of bulky yarns and right gauge makes a Large size.
majority of worsted (with US#15) makes a med.
Adjust the height by adding sts, and the length by adding rows.
Knit time is about 10 hours once you get it.
- Pattern is written for carrying all the yarns along through the whole shawl. Yarns that are not in use are carried as a big st on the right.
- You can also knit it as full intarsia: skip the big st, cut yarns when starting a one color band, and reintroduce them later.
This pattern is a part of a series. The others are:
Rainbow Poem, Mild: (med-L, knitted sideways with 5 yarns and softer edges)
Rainbow Poem, Landscape: XL, knitted upward with 7 yarns, adding one yarn at a time.
Many Thanks to Jofraima and to Vex8