Pattern Description from A Fine Fleece: “The cuffs and collar can be knit using a needle three sizes larger than the needle used to knit the body, which makes the cuffs and collar dramatic and lacey, but you may choose a straighter cuff instead. Also, the loosened gauge gives a lace effect even though the weight of the handspun is closer to sport weight and the Ultra alpaca is a worsted weight. Play with yarn and gauge to get the effect you desire for your Ravensong.”
Skill Level: Intermediate Beginner
- Chest 36 (39.5, 43, 46, 50)” (91 (100.5, 109, 117, 127cm)
- Length 21 (21, 22, 22.5, 23)” (53.5 53.5, 56, 57, 58.5cm)
Yarn: #4 medium
- 1000 (1100, 1200, 1350, 1450,) yds (914 1006, 1097, 1234, 1326m) sport weight or worsted weight
- 5 (5, 6, 7, 7) skeins Berroco Ultra Alpaca, 3.5 oz (100g) skeins, each approximately 215 yds (198m), 50% superfine alpaca, 50% wool, 6282 Cranberry Mix
Needles and Notions:
- US size 8 (5mm) knitting needles, or size needed to obtain gauge
- US size 11 (8mm) knitting needles
- US size 11 (8mm) circular needle 24” (60cm) long
- Stitch markers
- Tapestry needle
Note: One stitch at each edge is worked in stockinette stitch for selvage stitches throughout.
ERRATA: This pattern has errata. The website that provides errata for this book is currently down. Please check the A Fine Fleece group for solutions.