Inspired by the work of Charles Rennie Mackintosh, this feminine beanie features a cluster of leaf motifs on a reverse stocking stitch background. Growing up from the soft picot edged brim, the leaf motifs graduate towards the crown and integrate with the shaping.
The pattern is provided in both written and charted format, and includes 3 sizes.
- To fit size: 19 (21, 23) in/ 48.25 (53.25, 58.5) cm
- Finished size: 17.25 (18.75, 20) in/ 43.75 (47.5, 50.75) cm
- 37.5 (40.5, 50) g/138 (157, 185) m/151 (172, 202) yd Shilasdair Luxury 4ply
- Set 3mm DPNs
- Tapestry needle
- 2.75mm/3mm crochet hook
- Waste yarn, approx. 3m
- Stitch markers as necessary
- Gauge 24sts x 36rows to 10cm/4inches
- Knit and purl stitches
- Knitting in the round
- Increase & decrease techniques
- Twisted Stitches
- Provisional cast-on
- Joining live sts (for the folded brim)
Instructions are provided in both written and charted format.
Do you need help with this pattern? We have a specific discussion thread in the Wormhead’s Hats group where you can ask any questions.
Published August 2011
PDF file size: 1.3MB, image res. 300DPI
Product code: WW153KRennie
Technical editor: Heather Murray