Are you hoping to revive your lust for sock knitting? Or perhaps you are beyond beginner-basic socks already, looking to sharpen your skills a bit more? The Revival sock is here for you. This pattern brings together twisted stitches and cabled twists in a skillful but subtle fashion, offering challenge in the execution but simplicity in visual appearance. Appropriate for a wide variety of light fingering weight yarns in solid or semi-solid tones, this pattern is a versatile addition to your sock drawer.
For any pattern support or questions, or if you discover errors, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! I am happy to help.
The pattern instructions include notes for both DPNs and Magic Loop knitters. The stitch pattern is fully charted and makes use of ‘twisted’ stitches, and includes notes on working the cables and twists without the use of a cable needle. (Strongly encouraged!)
Like some of my other sock patterns, this pattern changes size by changing gauge. Sample is shown in the smaller size which will comfortably fit a foot/ankle circumference of 8-9 ins around at a stockinette gauge of 8.5 sts/inch. To increase the size, for a 9.5-10.5 ins foot, increase needle size to achieve a gauge of 8 sts/inch over stockinette.
• Small: Comfortably fits foot 8 ins-9 ins in circumference (sample shown is size Small, on 9 ins foot/leg circumference)
• Medium: Comfortably fits foot 9.5-10.5 ins in circumference
• Small: 34 sts and 46 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch on 2.75mm/US 2 needles, OR needle size required to get gauge
• Medium: 32 sts and 44 rows = 4” in Stockinette stitch on 3.0mm/US 3 needles, OR needle size required to get gauge
• (Note: For an even smaller size, to fit feet 6.5-7.5 ins foot circumference, work at a gauge of 36 sts over 4 ins on 2.5mm or required needle to get gauge)
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work in the round
• Work knit, ktbl and purl sts
• Work cable twists, with or without a cable needle
• Work increases and decreases
• Work a flap heel and heel turn
• Pick up sts (for working gussets)