Pattern was designed for and is exclusive to Dancing Dog Dye Works Monster Mania Club Members at this time.
Pattern is now available for purchase!
This sweet little giraffe is knit almost completely in the round. You will work the legs & arms first so that they can be attached to the body as you go. The sweater is knit into the body & the only little bits that require actual sewing on are the muzzle, ears, horns & tail.
My sample knit in Worsted is about 17.5 inches tall from foot to top of horns.
-3-needle dec & join --- photo tutorial included
-casting on & binding off
-kfb - knitting into the front & back of stitch to make an increase
-knitting in the round
Materials & Tools
- MC - Dancing Dog Dye Works Waltz Worsted in Gummi Brites or yarn of your choice - approx. 56 grams
- CC - Dancing Dog Dye Works Waltz Worsted in Orange OR yarn of your choice - approx. 22 grams
- Needle size will vary depending on the yarn you use. I suggest going down 1 - 2 sizes from the smallest needle size for the recommended gauge on the yarn label.
- this project can be worked on DPN’s, 2 circs or a 40” circular for Magic Loop (my Preferred method), just make sure to distribute your stitches evenly for working in the round
- additional needle for 3-needle dec
- tapestry needle
- stitch marker (optional) to mark beg of round
- safety eyes - I used 12mm eyes on my samples purchased from seller 6060 on Etsy
- embroidery floss or yarn scraps for nose/mouth
The pattern was designed using Worsted Weight yarn, but any weight yarn can be used as long as you adjust your needles accordingly. You want a tight fabric when knitting toys so the polyfil won’t poke through. I always go down 1 - 2 needle sizes from the smallest size recommended on the yarn label.
- I will typically use a US 5 or 6 for Worsted, US 2 or 3 for DK & US 0 or 1 for Fingering