Rolling in the Deep ~ Chevron Infinity Scarf
This pattern was retired from free to paid as of January 19, 2015. This stunning infinity scarf uses bold contrasting colors along with a contrasting pattern to create a fun and functional fall accessory. You can use any two colors you like, think opposite (or near opposite) on the color wheel.
Pattons Silk Bamboo in
• Aquamarine 200yards (CA) and
• Saffron 200yards (CB)
6.0mm (J) Hook
Needle to weave in ends
64” long before sewing ends
32” circumference when finished
one complete “in pattern” repeat (total width of scarf) and 10 rows = 6”
CA - Color A, CB - Color B, dc - double crochet, st(s) - stitch(es)
fdc- foundation double crochet http://cre8tioncrochet.com/2013/06/foundation-chain-doubl...
Chain 3 (counts as 1st fdc). Yarn over and insert hook in 3rd chain from hook. Yarn over and pull up loop (3 loops on hook), yarn over and pull through 1 loop creating a sl st, (this is an important step but easy to forget). Yarn over again and pull through first two loops on hook (two loops remaining). Yarn over again and pull through last two loops on hook. This completes the second fdc (remember your 1st ch3 counted as the 1st fdc). To stitch the next fdc, yarn over and insert the hook into the sl st made in the 2nd fdc and repeat from
DC3tog- double crochet three together
YO, insert hook in first st, YO, pull up loop, draw through first two loops on hook (two loops remaining on hook), YO insert hook in next st, YO, pull up loop, draw through first two loops on hook* (three loops remaining on hook). Repeat from * to ** (four loops remaining on hook). YO and draw through all four loops on hook.
• Ch3 at the beginning of each row is considered the first dc. The last st(s) of each row will be placed in the top of that Ch3.
• To change colors. On rows that require color change; YO, insert hook in st, YO and pull up loop, draw through the first two loops on hook, YO with NEW color, and draw through last two remaining loops on hook. Color change is complete, continue to stitch with the new color. You may choose to tie the ends of old and new colors together, though it is recommended to never put knots in your crochet. I use the knots to hold he yarn in place until I am able to weave in my ends.
• In pattern refers to the directions for Rows 3-34, just continue in the same manner for all subsequent rows
- This scarf can be made with any weight yarn. It will just be wider or thinner depending on the weight or yarn used. Grey and white version was made using Red Heart with Love. Rows were decreased to 28 rows of solid color A, 28 rows alternating color A and color B, and 28 rows of color B. For a total of 84 rows.