Rosemary's Middle-Sized Sweater
This information is from pages 20-22 of The Green Mountain Spinnery Knitting Book. The pattern is also available on line and may have been published as a separate leaflet.
- A child’s version of this classic pullover sweater Rosemary’s Little Sweater is also available. An oversized version “Rosemary’s Big Sweater” can be found at the link below.
- Three sizes are offered ranging from 40 inches (101.5cm) to 48 inches (122cm) finished chest measurement. A Schematic gives other useful measurements.
- This is a drop shoulder design and would be quite easy to adapt for sizes not included in the pattern.
- The sweater is knit in the round to the armpits and back and forth through the upper chest to the neck. Stitches for the sleeves are picked up from the armholes and the sleeves are knit in the round down to the cuff.
- A simple cable is described in words but not charted.
- you will need 16 inch and 29 inch circular needles in both needle sizes and double pointed needles in the smaller size.