Rubicon Bay Scarf
Rubicon Bay Scarf
The scarf is part of an e-book that introduces Showy Garter. The Showy Decrease is a way to add raised lines to your knitting. Our patterns have used the Showy Decrease in a variety of ways; with stockinette, for super deep ribs and pretty hat tops and now on garter where it really stands out. Here the Showy Decreases create decorative vertical lines that run the length of the scarf.
The Intro to Showy Garter Decrease eBook
This eBook is so much more than just a few patterns. Since I really want to you understand and incorporate these ideas into other projects, the eBook includes several pages of tutorials too. The patterns start with a series of dish cloths and 3 scarf patterns starting with the Rubicon Bay scarf we are announcing today.
21- Page eBook Features:
- The Showy Decrease on Garter stitch
- The Woven Cast On and Knotted Bind Off
- Tutorials for vertical and diagonal Showy lines
- 4 solid dish cloths and 3 more dish cloth /towel ideas with multi-colors
- Rubicon Scarf pattern
- 2 more scarf patterns in the next two weeks (last 2 photos)
What Type of Knitter (more on the blog announcement)
- New knitters wanting to learn increases, decreases and slip sts in a pattern with only a few purls.
- Any knitter who likes to try something new
- Throwers who would like to learn to knit continental.
Yarn and Gauges
Cascade Magnum is a super bulky yarn that knits a very dramatic scarf. If you’d like something just as fun but a little less bulky, we’ve included instructions for a bulky gauge.
There is a lot more information about the eBook in the series of 5 blog posts rolling out in the next two weeks.
Here’s the link to the first post: http://wp.me/p2J2k8-1iz