This top fits to an American Girl doll size and any comparable 18” doll.
The top / cardigan has TOP-DOWN seamless construction - no sewing required except for weaving loose ends. The top can be worn both as a top or a short-sleeve cardigan. The hat is knitted in a round, no seams and sewing required. This is a quick 3 - 4 hour project; great for last minute gifts.
SIZES: One size – to fit 18” doll
• 135yd/ 142m any medium weight (worsted) yarn.
I used Caron Simply Soft (100% Acrylic) in color #9748 rubine red
• One pair of US size #6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN CORRECT GAUGE
• One set of dpn US size #6 (4mm) needles OR SIZE TO OBTAIN CORRECT GAUGE
• One F/5-3.75mm hook
• 4 stitch markers (m)
• Stitch holders (or scrap yarn)
• Tapestry needle
• 5 small buttons
• 21 sts and 26 rows = 4” square over St st using US size #6 (4mm)
• 20 sts and 30 rows = 4” square over Lace patt using US size #6 (4mm)
For the other American Girl (18” doll) patterns of the sets pictured in the last photo, please see my other listings.