Sakiori II (short version)
Simple stockinette-stitch vest with random stripes and side extension panels, inspired by the horizontal patterning of Japanese sakiori cloth. Vest back is worked in two narrow panels that are sewn together. Seed stitch neck border is worked in one piece from right front sts on hold to shoulder seam, along back neck, and down to left front sts on hold.
- Size A: 42” / 106.5 cm chest; 20” / 51 cm length
- Size B: 44” / 112 cm chest; 22” /’ 56 cm length
- Size C: 48” / 122 cm chest; 23” / 58.5 cm length
Yarn: La Lana Wools Forever Random Blends (wool and mohair blends, 80 yd / 2 oz). Color A (Apassionada), 3 skeins; Color B (Potpourri), 3 skeins; Color C (Te Morada), 2 skeins; Color D (Safari Day), 1 skein; Color E (Florence’s Blend), 1 skein; Color F (Deep Sea Indigo), 2 skeins.
- US 8 / 5 mm, 24” / 60 cm circular needles
- US 6 / 4 mm, 29” / 72 cm circular needles
Techniques (included in book):
- Pick up stitches by knitting
- Braided or twisted cord
- Random striping