Scalloped Lace Baby Cap
Lacy hat for newborns and infants worked from the brim upwards, in the round, and based on the Crest of the Wave pattern from Barbara Walker’s First Treasury of Knitting Patterns.
The pattern produces a gently curved edge and begins with garter-stitch, so the brim does not roll. Decreases for the crown are integrated into the lace pattern. Lacy, frilly, inexpensive, and fast, this project requires less than half a ball of DK-weight yarn.
Note that these mistakes are ALREADY FIXED in the current download version of the PDF. I apologize for being a stupidhead in my proofreading.
All errors are in the crown decreases. Bolded rounds were incorrect in the first version of the pattern.
Crown Decrease Rounds:
1. (K2tog 2 times, K1, YO, K1, YO, K1, SSK 2 times, K1) repeat 6 times = 60 stitches
3. (K2tog, K2, YO, K1, YO, K2, SSK, K1) repeat 6 times = 60 stitches
5. (K2tog 2 times, YO, K1, YO, SSK 2 times, K1) repeat 6 times = 48 stitches
7. (K3tog, YO, K1, YO, sl 1 knitwise, SSK, pass slipped stich over completed SSK stitch, K1) repeat 6 times = 36 stitches
9. (K2tog, K1, SSK, K1) repeat 6 times = 24 stitches
13. (K2tog, SSK) repeat 3 times = 6 stitches
(all the rest of the pattern is correct)