Sculptured Leaves Cowl--February Knitalong
The knitalong is over. This pattern will be in the 2014 Knitalong Collection book so stay tuned. In this fun project you will learn loads of techniques. It is quick, relaxing, rhythmic, and easy. The pattern is relatively short to follow.
- Fun lace edging that has a beautiful scalloped look
- Short rows without wraps--all you do is turn your work and slip the first stitch transferring it from one needle to the next.
- Side-to-side construction--you can decide how long you want the cowl to be as you go.
- Standard lace pattern: yo, ssk, k2tog, cdd(center double decrease)
- Elongated stitches created by wrapping the yarn twice around the needle in one direction then dropping the extra wrap as you knit into it in the other direction.
Finish your cowl and post a photo of it after blocking (no pins), and you will receive a free copy of the shawl version of this pattern.
There is no charge for the pattern, but you must use Artyarns yarn or TSCArtyarns yarn to participate. In order to join, hit “Cast On” to create your project, add a photo of the yarn you are using--this cannot be a photo from the internet, but must be a photo of your yarn that you own.
On Feb 1, I will send you Part 1. When you post a photo of Part 1, you will get Part 2, and so on.
All are welcome to join, and while the deadline for joining is March 31, there is no deadline for finishing.
Blog post about this here: http://www.artyarns.com/february-2014-knitalong-notes-and-tips/