Seafoam Beach Backpack
With this pattern, you can create a tri-colored, lacy backpack that is perfect for carrying your towel and other essentials to the beach this summer! This design uses a simple repeating stitch pattern that’s easy to memorize. Perfect for road trips, days at the beach and other times when you can’t give crocheting 100% of your attention!
Update: The pattern now also includes a 3 page photo tutorial on how to sew a lining for the backpack! Basic sewing skills and supplies are needed. It can be hand or machine sewn. I prefer to sew it by machine, then hand sew to attach the lining to the backpack.
● Size G (4mm) crochet hook or size needed to obtain gauge.
● Worsted weight yarn in 3 colors. Approximately 150 yards each of CA & CB, and 170 yards of CC.
● (2) 3/4” metal O rings
● Yarn needle for finishing
● Cotton fabric for lining (optional). 1 yard is just enough, if your gauge is larger than mine, you may need extra fabric.
● Basic sewing supplies (optional - for lining).
Finished Size: Approximately 19 inches tall & 28 inches around. Straps are adjustable.
Difficultly Level: Intermediate
Stitches & Techniques used: ch, sc, sl st, hdc, dc, trc, dtrc, Invisible join.
Copyright © 2015 Julie King / Gleeful Things. All Rights Reserved.