Adorable, lacy topped, tank. Perfect for the summer! Wear over a camisole or tank, or even your bathing suit.
The Seaside Tank is incredibly easy to make. It is constructed with two panels, front and back, which are then seemed together. This top is designed with 2” of ease so it is fitted but not tight. I recommend using natural fibers, specifically bamboo, cotton, silk or a blend of either listed, so that it is nice and cool to wear. You can also use acrylic, though it will be slightly on the warmer side.
AVAILABLE IN XS FOR FREE ON THE BLOG
Approx 540 (620, 680, 760, 940, 1080) yards of light weight worsted weight yarn, or dk yarn
(I used Touch of Silk by Hobby Lobby)
Gauge was also met with
Paton’s Metallic Yarn
Knit Picks Comfy Worsted
Knit Picks Shine Sport
Caron’s Simply Soft
Red Heart Super Saver
Yarn Bee Soft Secret
6.0mm (J) hook or hook needed to obtain gauge
Measure in pattern or make a 7” x 7” swatch to test- do not include edges when measuring-
20 sts and 11 rows = 6”
Alternately you can make a 5” x 5” swatch and measure gauge in 4” however it will not be quite as accurate- 13 sts and 7 rows = 4”
XS, S, M, L, 1x, 2x
Bust 30” (32 ½”, 36”, 39 ½”, 43”, 46 ½”)
Notes on Fit:
• Garment is designed with 2” of ease, if you prefer a tighter garment then you can go down one size or if you prefer a looser fit you can go up one size
• Choose the size that corresponds with your widest measurement.
o If your hips are much larger than your chest you can add an edging row to the top or add 1 more row before straps, and decrease one row of straps to compensate.
o If your bust is much larger than your hips you can either leave pattern as is, or you can start with less stitches at the beginning of pattern to compensate.
• Pattern is written in XS. Changes for S, M, L, 1x and 2x are in parenthesis
• Ch3 is considered first dc. Next dc will be placed in the second st. Alternately you can do a chainless starting double crochet instead of a Ch3 for all rows up until 32. Tutorial here
• Last st will be placed in the Ch3 (or chainless dc) from previous row
• You can make this tank in three colors or two. If you choose only two please ignore the first color change (change to CB, Row 20). Change color at second color change only (change to CC, Row 32)