Seersucker Stitch Bath or Dishwashing Mitt
This pattern began life as a rather shapeless, baggy, garter stitch bath mitt pattern, on the back of a Lily’s label, that was knitted flat.
The garter stitch, while nice and “scrubby, made it too stretchy especially when it was wet. I chose seersucker stitch, because it has a raised texture and holds its shape.
I can’t see knitting flat and seaming when I can knit in the round.
I added ribbing at the wrist and made the wrist a little longer, so it stays on better.
This pattern was the second iteration in a series of improvements. I made it for a friend, who asked for the pattern, so I wrote it up for her and who ever else would like it.
Another friend suggested that a mitt would be better than a dishcloth for washing dishes.
Please let me know it you have any problems with or suggestions for improving the pattern.
I would love to see pictures of your finished projects.