5 for 4 – If you buy any 5 Åsa Tricosa patterns at the same time you get the least expensive one for free.
A sideways, elegant, leafy shawl, knitted in one piece
(the orange shawl and the gorgeous photograph in my Rav Ad is by knittimo)
- Semele is knit sideways from end to end in one piece, including border and edging
- Looks equally good in a warm, comfortable sock-yarn or in a delicate lace
- Begins with a little “quirk” -- the first edging leaf is knit in the opposite direction, but everything is still one piece via a few picked-up sts and a provisional CO of even fewer sts
- Weigh your yarn before beginning -- turn when halfway through (or a little before, to be safe)
- The pattern -- a rejigging of Barbara Walker’s lovely, lovely Great-Grandmother’s Edging -- is charted and written out
- Gauge is given for Posh Eva (one border repeat is circa 9.5 cm) but is unimportant -- use any weight yarn you like
NOTE on stitch markers: If you decide to use stitch markers even though none appear in the pattern, please be aware that the increase/decrease uses sts on both sides of a border marker.
Techniques used (and linked to):
* provisional winding CO
There is a thread for Semele questions and advice in the Åsa Tricosa Group.
Available also in Polish & Russian, French, German, Korean & Estonian -- a big thank you to my fantastic translators and proofreaders, Kaja (zanzi), Elenka, Rike (fourchette), Margaret (solaris), Christine73, Erica, Larisa, and Meeli (meka)!!
(Download the translations via your Ravelry Library link, please -- but first click the button Update Available)
The Japanese translation is available at Atelier Knits.
To find out what’s up my knitted sleeve, you may sign up for the occasional Åsa Tricosa Newsletter here.