A sideways, elegant, leafy shawl, knitted in one piece
(the shawl and the gorgeous photograph in my Rav Ad is by knittimo)
- Semele is knit sideways from end to end in one piece, including border and edging
- Looks equally good in a warm, comfortable sock-yarn as in delicate lace
- Begins with a little “quirk” -- the first edging leaf is knit in the opposite direction, but everything is still one piece via a few picked-up sts and a provisional CO of even fewer sts
- Weigh your yarn before beginning -- turn when halfway through (or a little before, to be safe)
- The pattern -- a rejigging of Barbara Walker’s lovely, lovely Great-Grandmother’s Edging -- is charted and written out
- Gauge is given for Posh Eva (one border repeat is circa 9.5 cm) but is unimportant -- use any weight yarn you like
NOTE on stitch markers: If you decide to use stitch markers even though none appear in the pattern, please be aware that the increase/decrease uses sts on both sides of a border marker.
techniques used (and linked to):
There is a thread for Semele questions and advice in the Åsa Tricosa Group.
Available also in Polish1 & Russian, French, German, Korean & Estonian -- a big thank you to my fantastic translators and proofreaders, Kaja (zanzi), Elenka, Rike (fourchette), Margaret (solaris), Christine73, Erica, Larisa, and Meeli (meka)!!
(Download the translations via your Ravelry Library link, please -- but first click the button Update Available)
The Japanese translation is available at Atelier Knits.
Jeśli nie możesz dotrzeć do pliku z polskim tłumaczeniem, mimo że zakupiłaś wzór, proszę, skontaktuj sie ze mną bezpośrednio poprzez email. Możesz skorzystać ze wzoru wiadomości (za pomocą funkcji kopiuj-wklej) zamieszczonego w tym celu poniżej -- Dear Åsa,↩
Please send the translated file to me via email. I appreciate your help. Kind regards,