Sheep Teacosy Animal Easter Cosy
A teacosy like this will make your special brew of spring tea taste even better !
This PDF crochet pattern will guide you to crochet a lovely spring sheep teacosy as shown in picture, made using 8 ply / DK soft acrylic yarn (wool or cotton) and crochet hook E (3.5 mm).
There will be an opening under the handle to cover your teapot easily, with a snap button closure.
The sheep is sewn on top of the cosy, to cover the knob of the teapot nicely.
The pattern is suitable for any standard model teapot, 1.1 liter, circ. approx. 15.75” (40 cm), measured around the widest part of the pot, excl. the spout and handle. Finished size will be approx. 8.3” (21 cm) tall including sheep, circ. 16.5” (42 cm).
Stitches used : chain , slip stitch, single crochet, increasing, decreasing, bead stitch and 5 double crochet bobble stitch (instruction included)
- crochet hook size E (3.5 mm), standard size teapot, 1,1 liter
- yarn in white (approx. 45 gr, 145 yds, 130 m), taupe (approx. 35 gr, 113 yds, 103 m) small amounts of soft pink, green, brown
- fiberfill stuffing, stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, scissors
- 1 sewing snap button (press stud), diameter approx. 0.06” (14 mm), or Velcro
- white sewing thread, black embroidery floss, 1 pair 6 mm safety eyes
Gauge : 5 single crochet = 1” (2.5 cm)
Skill level: advanced beginner / intermediate
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.