Sideways Garter Vest
- Yarn A: 3 (4, 4) skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist, 100% merino. I used the color Artemisia (left).
- Yarn B: 2 (3, 3) skeins of Purl Soho’s Worsted Twist Heather, 100% merino. I used the color Stillwater (right).
- A US #8, 32-inch circular needle
- A spare US #8, circular or straight needle
- A few yards of scrap yarn
16 stitches and 32 rows = 4 inches in garter stitch
To fit shoulder widths measuring 14-15 (16-16 ½, 17-17 ½) inches
- Finished Dimensions: 30 (35, 37 ½) inches across x 30 inches from top to bottom (including fold-over collar)
- Finished Height of Armhole: 8 inches
- Finished Width across Shoulders: 12 (14, 15) inches
- Finished Width of Fronts: 9 (10 ½, 11 ¼) inches FIT: The length measurements are the same for all three sizes, and you have a choice of how to wear the vest: either 12 inches from hem to underarm with a 10 inch collar; or upside down with 10 inches from hem to underarm and a 12-inch collar.
This piece is knit ‘sideways’ from one vertical edge to the other, rather than from top to bottom or bottom to top.