Simply, a cardigan
Simply is a cardigan that is truly a very simple knit. A top down, raglan style cardigan that you can work up in either stockinette or half linen stitch. Choose to make a sleeveless vest and select from a varied number of hem and cuff stitches. Other options include adding a hood or an offset chest. This is the preemie to toddler version, larger sizes will soon be offered in a new pattern.
What you’ll need:
- 220 (240, 290, 345, 495, 550, 625) yards of worsted weight yarn. Account for approximately 80% main color yarn and 20% for trim color. Striping can be done with 50/50-60/40% depending on options.
- 16” circular knitting needles in sizes 4, 5 and 7 for stockinette cardigan
- 16” circular knitting needles in sizes 4, 5 and 8 for half linen cardigan
- 4-5 double pointed needles; size 5 and 7 for stockinette and size 5 and 8 for half linen; these are used to knit the collar, button bands and arm cuffs.
- 4 stitch markers (I like to use different colors to distinguish the front from the back)
- scrap yarn or stitch holders (2)
- size G (4mm) crochet hook
- yarn/darning needle
- ¾” to 1” buttons; since this is completely size and style dependent the amount of buttons you will need may vary. You will need 5-6 buttons for newborn size and 8-10 for the 2T size. You can also install a zipper instead of buttons.