$6,800 raised so far! All $2 of the purchase price (minus small Paypal fees) goes to Special Olympics. My brother got such a kick out of participating. I want to try to raise money for them with this pattern. At the end of the year I’ll post reports on how we did. (see LorileeBeltman.com)
Updates: after 2 days- 210 sales; $420 raised. Thanks.
July 1- 0ver 300 sales.
July 1, 2014 Made donation today for Special Olympics $500.00 USD. Will do this periodically instead of end of year; statement on website end of year.
July 2- 468 sales.
July 3- 604 sales. Made another $500 donation. ($1,500 total)
July 4- 936 sales.
July 5- 1136 sales. Made another $500 donation. ($2,000 total)
July 7- 1331 sales.
July 9- 1432. Made another $500 donation. ($2,500 total) Pace is slowing now so I won’t update as often, but I will continue to have this pattern up for S.O. going forward. I’ll keep giving as you keep buying. Thanks so, so much!
July 18- 1,500 sales. Conducted a class and collected another $300 in donations. ($2,800 total)
July 24 (My brother’s birthday) - 1582 sales.
August 24- 1,900 sales.
December 28, 2014- $3,700 total sent to SO.
April 30, 2015- $300 to SO Michigan. $T=$4,000.
May 2, 2015- $300 to SO Washington. $T- 4,300.
November 16, 2015- $300 sent to SO national. $T=4,600.
March 29, 2016- $500 divided between Michigan, Ohio, Nevada, and South Carolina. $T=5,100.
June 25- $200 to Michigan. $T=5,300
July 19, 2016- $200 to Nevada. $T=5,500.
July 23, 2016- $300 to Nevada/No. California. $T=5,800.
July 27, 2016- $500 to Nevada/No. California. $T=6,300.
August 12, 2016- $500 to New York. $T-6,800.
Enjoy a clean, simple design with some nice details. Fun to knit, and great to have on hand for gifts. Make a pile. Consider gifting patterns to your knitting friends. Feel free to share links to this pattern.
For the pattern I used the bright palette of the Lion Brand Kitchen Cotton for the colorful edging. That used about 3 of 59 grams in the ball. For the natural color I used the larger super size 113 gram skein of Lily Sugar ‘n Cream, which yielded me four cloths per ball. Your results may vary.
Many have noted it’s important to keep the i-cord at a loose tension. Going up a needle size for the i-cord only is a great strategy. (I just did not want to require two needles in the pattern.) I do mine on all one size needle, keeping care to be loose and sloppy with the cord. Don’t worry either way- it doesn’t have to be exactly square to work well!