Snowman with Lantern Amigurumi Christmas
This PDF pattern describes in US terminology how to crochet a snowman as shown on picture, including the lantern.
The snowman has an asymmetrical shaped body which gives him his whimsical appearance.
A snowman like this will make a great addition to your Christmas decorations or a great handmade Christmas present or toy for kids.
Finished size will be approx. 14.5” (34 cm) tall, crocheted using acrylic yarn (8 ply / DK), with hook size E (3.5 mm). If you wish to make a taller or smaller version of this snowman, you can just use thicker or thinner yarn / crochet hook. This pattern is also suitable for wool or cotton yarn.
Used stitches : slip stitch, single crochet, bobble stitch (instruction included), working through front - back loops. This pattern will be worked in continuous rounds.
Materials needed :
- Crochet hook size E (3.5 mm)
- Yarn: white (approx. 100 gr, 294 m / 322 yds), small amounts of black brown red orange yellow
- Fiberfill stuffing, safety eyes 9 mm, plastic canvas, 3 black and 2 red buttons diameter approx. 0.4“ (1 cm), red ribbon, a quirky twig approx. 11.8” (30) cm tall
- Stitch marker, tapestry needle, pins, optional: white sewing thread, chenille wire, plastic pellets
Skill level : advanced beginner
Gauge is not important for this pattern, just crochet tight enough so your stuffing will not show through the stitches.
Please note, you might be interested in the Christmas Amgurumi eBook, which contains 4 patterns, including this one !
If you like this design, check out my Ravelry store for more !
Pattern is my own original design, described in English, using US terminology.
• English version (US terms) of the pattern (PDF) is available as an instand download after received payment. There is also a printer friendly version included.