Spring Waltz is an elegant crescent shawl that features combination of the simple slipped stitch and lace patterns. Knitted in contrasting yarn colors, the different stitch patterns seamlessly transition into one another and add beautiful combination of texture and lace to the shawl. Pair your favorite fun sock yarn with a solid, choose just one color or use a self-striping yarn, and the color combinations are endless.
- the shawl is almost completely reversible
- there are no purl sts in this design ;-)
- the top edging is extra stretchy, so there is no puckering after blocking
- the CO/set-up is done in such a way, so there is no visible hump that sometimes can be seen in the shawls of this shape
- both, written and charted instructions are included
After blocking, sample shawl measures 220cm (87 inches) long along the top edge and 40cm (16 inches) deep.
The gauge after blocking measures 18 sts x 36 rows in the slipped stitch pattern and 18 sts x 22 rows in the lace pattern in 10 cm x 10 cm.
Color 1: 205 yards (187 meters) of Supersock Silk by Potluck Yarn (Fingering / 4 ply; 80% Merino, 20% Silk; 420 yards / 113 grams). Sample shown in colorway Broken Circle.
Color 2: 230 yards (210 meters) of Supersock Solids by Cherry Tree Hill Yarn (Fingering / 4 ply; 100% Merino; 420 yards / 113 grams). Sample shown in colorway Apricot.
∙ US3 – 3.25 mm needles