I find a huge amount of inspiration on my Instagram feed. With such an active knitting community online I am rarely more than a click away from my next perfect fibre pairing for a new design. This shawl is no different - a collaboration with Texas Dyed Wool was just what this shawl needed!
- Large (2-Color Shawl): Main Color Yarn: 300 yds (Color A) - Modelled: Texas Dyed Wool Twist Fingering (fingering weight; 80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon; 400 yds/100g per skein): 1 skein (yellow)
- Counter Color Yarn: 160 yds (Color B) - Modelled: Texas Dyed Wool Twist Fingering (fingering weight; 80% superwash merino wool, 20% nylon; 200 yds/50g per skein): 1 skein (brown) OR
- Small (1-Color Shawl): 395 yds - Modelled: Tanis Fiber Arts Blue Label Fingering Weight (80% superwash merino, 20% nylon; 420 yds/115g per skein): 1 skein ‘Stained Glass’
- US 5 (3.75mm) 40” circular needle (or preferred length). Adjust needle size as necessary to match gauge.
- Removable stitch marker
- Large: 64 inches wide by 15.5 inches tall
- Small: 55 inches wide by 15 inches tall
- This shawl is knit in garter stitch, is constructed in an asymmetrical shape and worked flat. Written instructions are provided.
- This shawl best fits a 32” circular needle however the user may substitute longer or shorter needles for comfort. Although gauge is not critical for this project, a looser gauge than noted will result in the use of more yardage.
- It is recommended to clip a removable stitch marker to the RS of the work to differentiate from the WS as this is a garter knit shawl.
- Both shawl sizes are knit to the same specification up to the Shawl Edging where instructions are separated into different sizes. Knit the Shawl Edging section for the size being knit.