Using the same delicious cable and garter stitch combination as the Squall hat, these are a cozy pair of mittens to wear or gift for winter. The garter stitch fabric is textured and sturdy worked at a slightly snug gauge.
The Squall mittens use 2 skeins of Sweet Georgia superwash chunky or the equivalent yardage of your preferred chunky yarn, these are quick to knit and easy to wear.
• Sweet Georgia Superwash Chunky 100% superwash merino wool, 120 yds per 100g skein, 2 skeins; OR your preferred chunky wool yarn
• 5.5mm/US 9 needles – set of 4 double-pointed needles (DPNs), OR 32-40” circular if Magic loop is preferred
• 5.0mm/ US 8 needles - set of 4 DPNs, OR 32-40” circular if Magic Loop method is preferred
• Cable needle
• Tapestry needle
• Stitch markers
• Finished mitten measures 7(8) ins in circumference, intended to fit slightly loose around hand
• 4 sts and 8 rounds over 1 inch garter stitch on 5.5mm/US 9 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• Working in the round
• Knitting and purling
• Basic cable stitches with a cable needle
• Increasing and decreasing