Using the same delicious cable and garter stitch combination as the Squall hat, these are a cozy pair of mittens to wear or gift for winter. The garter stitch fabric is textured and sturdy worked at a slightly snug gauge.
The Squall mittens use 2 skeins of Sweet Georgia superwash chunky or the equivalent yardage of your preferred chunky yarn, these are quick to knit and easy to wear.
Technical editing by Maeve Ulrick, modeling by Jane D.
• Sweet Georgia Superwash Chunky 100% superwash merino wool, 120 yds per 100g skein, 2 skeins; OR your preferred chunky wool yarn
• 5.5mm/US 9 needles – set of 4 double-pointed needles (DPNs), OR 32-40” circular if Magic loop is preferred
• 5.0mm/ US 8 needles - set of 4 DPNs, OR 32-40” circular if Magic Loop method is preferred
• Cable needle
• Tapestry needle
• Stitch markers
• Finished mitten measures 7(8) ins in circumference, intended to fit slightly loose around hand
• 4 sts and 8 rounds over 1 inch garter stitch on 5.5mm/US 9 needles OR needle size required to obtain gauge
• Working in the round
• Knitting and purling
• Basic cable stitches with a cable needle
• Increasing and decreasing