The mouse in the picture was knitted on 3.5mm needles using odds and ends of 4ply yarn. It measures approx 4”.
You can use any yarn and any corresponding needles. The bulkier the yarn, the bigger the mouse, the finer the yarn, the tinier the mouse! Simple :)
Gauge is therefore not specified, but I recommend a tighter rather that loose gauge as the mouse is stuffed so it will look a lot neater this way.
Here’s the pattern description:
People of all ages seem to really love these mice!
Please note, these are probably not suitable for babies and very young children as play things, but are lovely as decorations/keepsakes until they are old enough not to try and eat them!
Basic knitting and sewing skills
- Knitting needles (whichever size fits your yarn. Chunky yarn + big needles will knit a bigger mouse and small needles + fine yarn will knit a mini mouse! see pattern for more details, or contact me) For the mouse shown, I used 4 ply + size 3.5mm needles (approx)
- Large safety pin/small stitch holder
- Small amounts of yarn in mouse colour and jumper colour - your choice entirely)
- A little toy stuffing (child safety is a must if it’s a gift for a little one, please see note above)
- Yarn needle
- black yarn/thread OR small black beads for eyes
- Pink or grey yarn/thread for nose
If you need any more info before or after purchasing, please feel free to contact me.