Stage Door Cardigan
This pattern is currently receiving a re-format and will be back in action in the summer of 2015!
Every knitter needs a variety of sweaters they can pull on at a moment’s notice. Some of them need to do a lot of work – from helping you feel fabulous, to comfortably fabulous. This open, drapey cardigan is here for you. A foundation of smooth stockinette is edged in jeweled crescent cables for just a touch of elegance. Knitted in Indigodragonfly Merino/Silk DK adds the perfect mix of warmth and luxury –whether you’re entering stage left, or about to upstage.
Worked from the bottom up, and sleeves are seamed and added to the body. Collar/neckband is picked up and worked after the body is complete.
• Indigodragonfly Merino/Silk DK (50% merino, 50% silk; 500 yds/ 457 m per 250g skein) Sample shown in “I am filled with ennui (Dramatic sigh)”; Requires approximately 2(2.5, 3, 3.5, 4) skeins Indigodragonfly Merino/Silk can be purchased in half skeins upon request
• 4.0 mm needles (24-inch circular is desirable)
• 3.75 mm needles (24-inch circular is desirable)
• stitch markers
• cable needle
• tapestry needle
XS(S, M, L, XL, 2XL)
• Finished garment measures approximately 33(37, 41, 45, 49) ins around at bust. (Is intended to be work with slight positive ease)
• Measurements include approximately 4-inch gap between centre fronts. If in doubt, choose size slightly larger than your own bust measurement
• 20 sts/28 rows over 4 ins in stockinette stitch with 4.0 mm needles, after light blocking (OR needle size required to obtain pattern gauge.)
• For best results, work a gauge swatch before beginning project, and check tension as you go.
To execute this pattern, knitters will be required to:
• Work knit and purl sts
• Work cable twists
• Work increases and decreases
• Pick up sts (for working neck band)
• Work seams, for set-in sleeves and shoulders