This cute little hat begins with a provisional cast on with the main band of the hat (with the intarsia flowers) worked flat. The band is then seamed and then both the crown shaping and ribbing is worked in the round.
Circumference: 17 3/4 (20 1/4) inches
Length: 7 1/4 (7 1/2) inches
- Be Sweet Cotton Candy (DK weight; 100% cotton; 130 yds/50g per ball): 1 ball each natural #500 (A), dark purple #526 (B) and lilac #586 (C)
- Size 4 (3.5mm) 16-inch circular needle
- Size 5 (3.75mm) 16-inch circular and double-point needles (set of 4) or size needed to obtain gauge
- Size F/5 (3.75mm) crochet hook
- Stitch markers (1 in CC for beg of rnd)
- Bobbins (optional)
22 sts and 28 rows/rnds = 4 inches/10cm in St st with larger needles.
To save time, take time to check gauge.
My blog post about this beanie is here.